Tuesday, March 21, 2006

They're totally going on the list


I love Target. I love the clearance stuff and the cool cart escalator. I love their new prescription bottles too (click the pic for a really good article on how that came about), so I recently started using them to fill my prescriptions (since I'm there all the damn time anyway). I'd wanted to do this earlier, but then there was that big dustup over Target not dispensing Plan B; that's pretty much settled now so I decided to go ahead and switch.

Now I've got this kind of girl thing (and that's all I'm gonna say about that) for which my doctor needed to call in a prescription. I didn't even know what it was, I just knew that I had to get it and bring it into his office. I had to wait an extra day because Target didn't stock the mystery drug, so I went in today to pick it up. They had it in stock, I signed and paid for it, and the clerk sent the pharmacist over to tell me how to take it. I could have told them that my doctor was going to administer it, but I figured it'd be easier just to listen for two minutes, nod, say thank you, and be on my way. It didn't quite go like that.

Pharmacist: Is this for [here she cocks her head sympathetically and lowers her voice to a whisper] an abortion?

Me (confused): No.

Her: Because this drug is used for [cocked head, shrug, whisper] abortions.

Me: It's for my girl thing. I have to bring it to my appointment tomorrow.

Her: Oh. Good. [she proceeds to tell me all of the things this drug is used for and why it's bad if I wanted to get pregnant because it's sometimes used as an abortifacient]

Me: Well, it's not for an abortion and I don't want to get pregnant, so that's good. [Thinking: can we get off this subject so I can get out of here?]

Her: [I'm unclear on how she led up to this because my brain sort of froze up, but she basically said she was relieved because we weren't going to - grimace, shudder]... kill any more babies

Me: ...

Her: So... take as directed. Well, I guess your doctor will take care of that for you.

Me : Okay, then.


What the fuck? What the hell would she have said to me if I had needed this stuff for an abortion? And what kind of moron doesn't know that talking about baby killing is really shitty customer service? Because: 1) Gross, and 2) The odds are pretty fucking good that I know and love at least one person (or even a handful of people) who is, in her mind, a "baby killer". Way to spread the happy vibe, you twit.

I love you Target and I'll still shop your clearance racks obsessively, but no way in hell am I going back to your crazy-assed pharmacists. Morons.

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger grimbrim said...

OMFG. I can't believe you didn't tell her to go fuck herself. Those bottles are super cool though. Not as good as the "Fridge Pack"... but what is?

http://www.alcoa.com/package/en/success.asp

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger stefanie said...

Dude.. she was crazy weird; I just wanted to get away.

Plus I really needed to pick up some fridge packs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home